There is no denying that ad serving can help take your business to new levels, as it allows a huge audience of people to see what your business has to offer. Online advertising is a cost effective way to be seen and increase sales, but it can also backfire if you end up putting your ads in all of the wrong places. Let's take a look at 5 particular spots that could mean trouble for your business if an ad server decides to place them in these specific spots:
1. Illegal sites - Let's imagine for a moment that you have a great little website that sells movie posters for all the big Hollywood hits. Placing ads on movie sites may seem like a great idea, but do you really want to be on a website that is on the wrong side of the law. There are a ton of sites that allow users to download illegal copies of movies that are still in the theater. Yes, they may get a ton of targeted traffic, but you do not want your business to be a part of such a site, as it bring brings the legality of your own operation into question.
2. Wrong audience - When you place ads, you want them to appear in front of the people that are truly interested in what you have to offer. You may land a great advertising space with a busy website for a great price, but it will just be a waste of money if the said side site has nothing to do with what you have to offer. The people that visit will simply disregard your ad in favor of something that does interest them.
3. Foreign market - This is actually somewhat similar to the last point in that you are serving ads to people that don't know what they are seeing. Worse yet, you may be advertising to a market that is unable to purchase or make use of what you have to offer. When ad serving online, aiming for a local audience always yields the best results.
4. Site content - You need to be aware of what a specific site is all about before deciding that placing ads there would be a good idea. A sports-themed site may seem like a great place to sell your boxing equipment, but if they regularly run articles about how violent the sport is and how it should be banned, you are essentially, once again, trying to sell to the wrong audience.
5. The message - At the heart of every advertising campaign lies your company message, where you essentially tell the consumer what you are all about. If you spend a great deal of time talking about family values and other similar details, do you really want your ads running on a site devoted to gambling or X-rated content? Again, these types of sites pull in a huge audience, but not necessarily the type that you are targeting.
AdSpeed Adserver is a reliable and powerful ad serving and ad management solution that serves your ads, track impressions, clicks, and report ad statistics in real-time. Driven by the changing needs, Ad manager continues to develop more innovative features and to offer a wide-range of advertising services.