Staying safe is the priority when you drive. This is why getting your car repaired at a trusted car repair center in Brampton the moment you find any problem is important. For road safety, so many rules and regulations are in place that needs to be followed. If you love driving, you should love taking care of these rules too and safeguarding yourself, your family and others on the road.
Accidents on the road are common. Any driver can meet an accident no matter how careful he is. With that in mind, we have prepared auto accident checklists that will help you in case of an unexpected accident.
1. Don’t Leave the Accident Scene: Make sure your car is always in a safe place and should be drivable. Move it somewhere out of risks and keep it out of the accident scene. If you cannot move your vehicle, then leave it where it is and keep the hazard lights on. This warns other drivers to slow down upon approach.
2. Dial 911 — In case someone else is injured, contact emergency services. In case of any property damage, contact police officials. If you cannot make the call, let somebody know about the injury. Dial 911. It is the difference between life and death for yourself and anyone else who is hurt. Even in the case of no injury, calling 911 is a good idea to get the facts straight before insurance providers begin to file cases.
3. Get Information- In case of a collision with any other vehicles, make sure that you have collected the following information:
4. Photos and Videos Recording — If you can, take pictures and videos of the vehicle damage, the accident spot and skid marks on the road. If you are moving your vehicle somewhere safe, ensure that you take pictures before you move anything.
5. Witnesses Details - if possible, collect names and information of any eyewitnesses. This will make it easier for you to contact any witness that was present during the time of the collision. This will be helpful in assisting insurance companies and authorities to get a clear timeline.
6. Your Responsibility — Under no situation should you apologize, admit guilt, give explanations or discuss responsibility for the accident. If somebody tends to raise this topic, avoid saying anything.
7. Car Accident Lawyer — A lawyer better understands and helps you with the legal situation of your collision. He will advise you what to do next.
8. Filing a Claim — As soon as everything is settled, call your insurer and start the claim process. Call 24x7 helpline number. Your agent will get in touch with you. A good agent helps in every step during the claim process.
Automotive Repair Services
May god you never meet an accident and need to use this checklist. But what has been destined cannot be escaped from. If you need to use this checklist. After the accident, get your vehicle repaired at a reputable car repair company in Toronto. For tire and wheel-related service, always get in touch with the best tire repair store in Brampton. Limitless Tire is a popular name that offers car repair services in Malton, Toronto, Brampton, Mississauga, and Ontario. It’s a one-stop platform for various services, such as Custom Wheels, Brake Repair, Wheel Alignment, Tire Installation, Batteries and so on.