A successful physical retail business needs to get noticed to attract customers and improve sales. In this tech centric world, marketing online and over mobile have become the latest trend in advertising. However, an old fashioned business sign is the perfect way to grab the attention of people. A sign is your silent but highest selling salesman. More than 50% of small retailers consider signage and graphics effective in attaining profit to their business.
Few tricks to attract the customers to your business is discussed here,
- Be specific while designing a sign. A customized sign provides the right message in the perfect place. Do not fail to include relevant product information and details that is location specific.
- In-store signs have equal important just as the attention grabbing outdoor signs. It makes shopping easier for the customers as they could navigate inside the store without needing the help of the staffs. It is essential to set standards for the signs and the color, visibility, messaging, and quality of the signs should be considered thoroughly.
- Hire a reputed sign company who create signs in an easy and effective way to urge foot traffic and to communicate with the customer.
- Try to deliver a simple message clearly because too much information is often ignored. Adopt the five second rule which states that the main themes of the sign should be conveyed within the duration of five seconds. If you cannot achieve that, shorten your message or make a series of signs.
- The choice of the color plays a major role in a design. Studies have shown that about 80 percent of the recognition of a brand is due to its color. It is best to select everlasting colors rather than using trendy colors that could be an eyesore the next year.
Another important factor to consider is the contrast in signs for readability. It is critical for the viewer’s retention of the content.
- The size of the letters really matters. The larger the letter, the easier it is to read. This is specifically important in creating signs for roadside or for the signs that will be displayed at a significant distance from the customers.
- If you are launching a new product make it to project out on the floor using unique signs and visual graphics to catch the attention of the shoppers.
If you manage to practice these tips, you will be way ahead in leveraging signage to your retail advantage and you could profit drastically.
The Author has been working in a marketing company for over 10 years and has shared her experience in various blogs. She recommends the sign company Forerunner signs and graphics for designing business and monument signs. For more information, Visit ForerunnerSigns.com