5 Dishes to Try When you are New to Indian Food Recipes
19 Apr, 2017
From shahi paneer to tandoori chicken and from butter naan to biryani, everybody loves Indian food recipes.
From shahi paneer to tandoori chicken and from butter naan to biryani, everybody loves Indian food recipes. And its popularity across the globe has surged in last two and half decades. But if you are not used to Indian food, having it will definitely be a great experience, especially when you taste it for the first time.
A bunch of guys in Ireland visited India and they tried samosa with mango chutney, onion pakodas and palak paneer for the very first time, and their reactions to the taste was hilarious. They can’t make up their mind what these two snacks taste like.
Let’s have a look at some Indian food recipes to try if you are new to Indian food.
- Samosa: The only way to describe this recipe is like a crispy pastry filled with paneer and vegetables like potato, peas etc. commonly in triangular shape. These have the perfect flavor when it comes to trying out Indian recipes for the first time. There is really nothing like the crispy bite of fresh samosa.
- Naan: It’s sort of like flat bread with a fluffy texture baked in a clay oven. Naan can be used to scoop up Indian food and can be eaten with everything, ranging from curries to breakfast. If you like bread, you will definitely love it. The best way to try out Naan is with the butter chicken dip or the Kadahi paneer recipes. There are different flavors of Naan - from garlic to keema. Indian food is incomplete without this bread.
- Butter Chicken: This recipe consists of the chunks of chicken dipped in a mixture of spices and yogurt, then roasted and served with tomato sauce. There are variations of butter chicken in India and they are best served with Naan.
- Biryani: It is one of the best cooking recipes Indian and non-Indian love. It is a rice dish best served with vegetables. It consists of different layers of rice which is cooked and mixed with some seasonings and spices. Indian food recipes cover six different tastes from spicy, sharp, sweet, salty, sweet and bitter. It simply depends on how the dish is cooked.
- Gulab Jamun: Indian food is incomplete without a sweet dish and the most delicious one is Gulab Jamun. It is coated in sugary syrup and after eating Gulab Jamun you will find there is really nothing like this that you have tasted before.
Trying a new cuisine like Indian food can somtimes be an overwhelming experience. Try out different food recipes and certain traditional Indian food recipes to experience the best of what India has to offer. So what recipe would you choose? There is something different about the spice in Indian food. It’s not just spicy but very flavorful also. Bold and exotic ingredients are mixed together to give you a dramatic experience. You will really connect with what you eat when you taste Indian food.
You have permission to republish this article in any format, even commerically, but you must keep all links intact. Attribution required. Republishing formats