Know These 7 Great Health Benefits Of Playing Golf
25 Jan, 2018
Golf is best known as the gentlemen’s game, and has been one of the most popular sports ever known around the world.
Even though Perth mini golf isn’t a physically demanding sport, studies show that the game imparts various physical and mental health benefits for all. Curious to know what are they? Read on to find out:
Health Benefits of Playing Golf:
- Improved Heart Health: Any kind of physical activity will keep your heart rate up. This also includes walking, running or carrying heavy weight objects. So does playing golf. Golf can have positive effects on your body including reducing the chances of stroke, bad cholesterol and blood pressure.
- Better Brain Stimulation: Mini golf in Perth involves lots of walking, which further strengthens brain’s coordination. Better blood flow to the brain will stimulate and improve nerve cells, thus reducing the risks of mental illness. Being physically active will definitely keep your heart and brain healthy. This aids in better blood circulation, which is vital for long term health.
- Burns Calories: Walking an average golf course will cover a few kilometres and it burn lots of calories, as a result. All the walking, swinging and moving around will burn as much as 1000 calories in a single game.
- Good vision: The little white gold ball will be yards away from you, meaning the player will require pretty good vision to notice it. With practise, golfers shall benefit from better focus, improved concentration skills and easily visualise their shots.
- Better Sleep: Your body will get tired with exercising, thus giving you a good night’s sleep. Golfers and those involved in sports will sleep faster and shall enjoy deep sleep for longer periods of time. In fact, deep sleep is necessary for your body to repair and regenerate the cells, muscles and tissues.
- Brings Down Stress: Golf indeed helps alleviate stress. Being outdoors, you are interacting with others, sharing your interests and having fun. Moreover, walking and hanging around a serene and natural environmental setting will apparently keep you in good mood.
- Less Risks of Injury: Golf is a leisure game, and unlike other sports such as cricket and football, the overall risk of injury in golf is much less. Plus, there’s only minimal movement involved. Despite being a low-risk injury sport, mini golf in Perth involves physical injury that’d suffice to keep you active and engaged.
So, are you ready to reap the rewards of this fun sport? Sign up for this wonderful sport and lead a healthy, happy life!
The author is a seasoned writer who publishes articles on mini golf in Perth on various websites. He explains some of the great health benefits of playing golf in this article. For more information, visit www.vines.com.au.
You have permission to republish this article in any format, even commerically, but you must keep all links intact. Attribution required. Republishing formats