Mountain Biking In North Carolina
12 Jan, 2018
North Carolina was blessed with incredible beauty throughout the grandfather mountain across the western range.
It is not surprising with the massive amount annual rainfall averaging 55" in the valleys or up to 85" in a few peaks, where water flows in huge amounts making an ideal scenario for white water rafting.
Along the grandfather mountain range and its' associated travellers can bask this extremely popular outdoor recreational sport compelling children and adults also.
Outfitters in the area have some of the best experience in the industry like the pioneer NOC (Nantahala Outdoor Centre) that started out back in the early 70’s. Along with ages of running with Brevard Mountain biking trips throughout North Carolina, Tennessee, and Georgia they have got an immaculate safety record. The area doesn't stop with just the NOC as various highly reputable outfitters sections the Nantahala Gorge offering travellers an ideal choice. Price generally commences at around $20 per person for a self applied guided trip all the way to over $100 per person for an all day incredible rafting experience on the Ocoee.
Details of all the rivers are the following:
- Nantahala River - Category II & III – It is the most popular river to raft during Brevard mountain biking and the key hub for most outfitters. It is Ideal for families, beginners, small kids and kayakers.
- Ocoee River - School III & IV - Situated in East Tennessee hosted the 1996 Olympics for kayaking and canoeing. A number of the rapids have been given unique titles like Table Observed, Broken Nose, Two times Trouble, Twin Suck and Powerhouse. Two options are the "Middle" and "Upper" helpings providing riders half-day or full-day trips.
- Chattooga River - Course III & IV - This River is situated near the North Carolina/Georgia boundary providing an extremely popular all day rides. With breathtaking scenery and cherished flowing, waters enthusiasts will undoubtedly love the ride.
- French Broad River - Category II & III - A healthy rafting experience along with a travel guide to Asheville, NC is just like the level at the Nantahala River. Flowing through the Pisgah National Forest on the world's third oldest river can only just cause incredible thoughts of our ancestors along this course. Guest's can select between half-day and full-day rafting.
- Nolichucky River - Course I, II, III, & IV - A unique free-flowing river depending only on rainfall rather than dam release. Located nearly 50 miles north of Asheville and 15 miles south of Johnson City, TN providing many choices which include Full-Day, Ducky, Express and Float Trips varying in rapids from I & II on the float to category III & IV in the Gorge Full-Day, Exhibit, and Ducky.
- Pigeon River - School III & IV - Located near Gatlinburg on the north side of the Smoky Mountains offering rafters a lovely option flowing across the eastern boundary of the Park.
ADV Guides is your most reliable choice for travel guide to Asheville, Brevard mountain biking, grandfather mountain. Visit us now and gather more information about the services we have to offer.
You have permission to republish this article in any format, even commerically, but you must keep all links intact. Attribution required. Republishing formats