The FTA has recently announced its latest awards, which will recognise excellence in supply chain leadership. Who knows – maybe you’ll be a winner!
About The FTA
As you probably already know, the Freight Transport Association, or FTA, is one of Britain’s biggest and oldest trade associations, operating over 200,000 lorries. With their four key priorities (representation, campaigning, compliance and training), the FTA has been delivering “safe, sustainable and efficient logistics” for almost 130 years.
The New Awards
The FTA Logistics Awards celebrate the best transport industry leaders, whether these are a company as a whole or an individual within a business. By recognising the efforts and contributions of hauliers and forwarders, companies like your own will see just how much they keep the wheels of commerce turning, and will hopefully feel even more motivated to keep Britain trading.
There will be seven categories at this year’s transport industry awards ceremony, four of which are relevant to you:
· Freight Carrier of the Year: Do you feel like your haulage company has done a particularly good job of delivering goods this year? Or do you think that your freight forwarders’ efforts deserve to be recognised? Then you should consider entering yourself in this category (I’ll explain how next). However, be warned: this award covers all operators – not just those on the road. Accordingly, competition is tough.
· Retail Shipper of the Year: If you’ve been transporting retail goods efficiently, you might want to put your name down for this one.
· Manufacturing Shipper of the Year and Logistics Innovator of the Year: Now, wouldn’t one – or both – of these look great on your office wall?
How To Enter
If you think that you’ve excelled in any of the above categories and have made the transport industry proud, then you shouldn’t hesitate to enter. All you have to do is visit the FTA’s website and write a maximum of 600 words on why your company has excelled in showing industry leadership. You’ll want to make your statement sparkle, so feel free to add specific anecdotes that highlight the operational effectiveness, innovative training or forward-thinking projects that present your company as a true leader in the transport industry.
You can enter until Monday October 9 2017. After that, the winner will be chosen by an independent panel of judges. A ceremony will be held at the InterContinental London Park Lane on Wednesday 13 December 2017, at which time the winner will be announced.
Why You Should Enter
· Networking: If you enter, you’ll be invited to the awards ceremony, which is a great way to meet other transport industry leaders and innovators in a chilled and relaxed atmosphere.
· Support: By putting yourself forward, you’re helping the FTA underscore Britain’s triumph in the field of logistics, and are allowing the UK to remain globally competitive.
· Recognition: Most importantly, you should enter for yourself. If you’ve worked hard to improve your drivers’ safety and competence, the efficiency of your delivery system or have even tried to minimise your carbon footprint, these efforts should and could be rewarded. So, what are you waiting for? Enter now!
Norman Dulwich is a Correspondent for Haulage Exchange, the leading online trade network for the road freight industry. Connecting logistics professionals across the UK and Europe through their website, Haulage Exchange is the leading service in the transport industry for matching haulage jobs with available vehicles. Over 4,500 transport exchange businesses are networked together through their website, trading jobs and capacity in a safe 'wholesale' environment.