Dental Implants Near Me
If you are reading this blog, you have probably wanted to improve your smile and your bite for some time. The first step of any life change is always the most daunting, but you are now well on your way to improving your oral health.
What Is a Dental Implant?
Dental implants are screw-like posts that, after implanted, fuse to the jawbone and act as the “roots” for tooth caps, dentures, or bridges. Because the implant serves as the foundation for your new teeth, it is important to choose a dentist or oral surgeon with skill and experience in implant procedures. Implants are essential for caps, but serve as an important role when combined with dentures or bridges as well, providing the most secure fit possible.
What Are The Advantages of Dental Implants?
“Dental implants near me” is becoming an increasingly popular search for people with tooth loss. Although they cost more than dentures or bridges alone, dental implants are a superior choice for several reasons:
- They are durable. A dental implant fuses with the jawbone, so with good care, dental implants can last a lifetime.
- They look good! Caps secured with dental implants look just like (maybe even better than) your real teeth.
- Dental implants provide more comfort. As strange as it might sound, dental implants become part of the body because they fuse with the jaw. Once you have healed from the procedure, you will probably forget you have implants.
- You’ll have more natural, confident speech. Dentures can fit poorly or slip, both of which can affect both the way you speak and the confidence you have when speaking. Implants eliminate these problems, allowing you to converse without worry.
- Eating becomes more enjoyable. While dentures can slide or even prevent you from eating some of your favorite foods altogether, implants act like real teeth, allowing you to eat comfortably and with confidence. So bite into a crisp apple, enjoy a chewy caramel…foods that were once off limits are safe to eat again with dental implants.
- You’ll improve your oral health. Unlike tooth-supported bridges, dental implants do not require reducing other teeth to fit correctly. Like real teeth, the spaces between the implants are easier to access, allowing for better brushing and flossing and improved oral hygiene.
- Dental implants are convenient. Unlike dentures, no messy adhesives are required with dental implants because they are permanent.
- It’s less painful than you imagine. Although the idea of attaching a screw-like post to your jawbone might sound frightening, most patients say it hurts much less than they expected. Many report tooth extraction as the most uncomfortable part of the process–similar to having a wisdom tooth pulled. Local anesthesia can be used during the procedures, and acetaminophen or ibuprofen are all you need to manage the discomfort once home.
Choose The Right Professional
Whether to get implants is a big decision, and finding a dentist who will truly partner with you on this journey is key to a successful procedure. Dentists like those at Drs. Marino and Nassif & Associates will evaluate your unique needs and develop an individualized treatment plan to explain at your next appointment. The plan should be detailed, understandable to you, and address your specific needs. Most of all, you should choose a dental implant dentist who listens to your concerns, patiently answers your questions, and stands by their work. For more information, contact Marino Nassif & Associates, who will be happy to assist you with all of your questions about dental implants.