Tips For Hiring The Right Floor Screeding Contractor
Category: Home Improvement
08 Feb, 2018
Even a small mistake in preparing the concrete mix, the pouring work or in the quality maintenance.
Floor screeding is technical work requiring skill and experience. Hiring the right contractors for screeding work is the first and the most important step in achieving floors that will be perfect.
Consider these tips when looking to hire floor screeding contractors for your commercial or residential property.
Take into account the experience of the screeding contractor. A screeding contractor or supplier with years of experience for both residential and commercial properties can provide quality work for any kind of surface. This way you can also ensure quicker and efficient work. Screeding contractors with adequate experience in working with different projects and products will always have an upper hand in providing quality work for any project.
There are also other considerations in terms of experience and expertise. If the screed is not mixed to the right ratio suitable for a project, the final result will not be ideal. If the pouring of screed is not perfect, it will reflect in the final outcome.
- Also, some screeding contractors may have enough experience with residential projects but not for industrial ones. You have to also take into account such distinctions when hiring a screeding supplier. The pouring technique, the screed mix and type may be different for industrial projects than residential ones. Even the size of the property influences how and when the screeding mix needs to be readied before pouring it on the surface.
- Ask the right questions before finalising a screeding contractor. You need to know beforehand if they have enough employees to tackle your project in a timely manner. Also ask them about the equipment they use for the screeding work. A good contractor will always have the latest equipment for the screeding work.
- Ask about the type of screeds they handle and inquire about the quality of their products. For instance, if you want to hire flooring screeding contractors in Didcot; make a list of experienced suppliers in the area who tick all the boxes in terms of experience, quality of products and other factors such as availability of workforce.
- Once you are through with the general inquiry; make your queries specific to your requirements. The right screed for your home may depend on various factors such as the type of flooring you want over the screed surface, whether you want underfloor heating, the amount of time for the completion of the project etc.
- A good contractor will inquire about your requirements, survey the property and suggest the right product and the time framework for the project. For instance, traditional screed mix will require a different ratio of sand and cement if you want to prepare the surface for wood or vinyl flooring.
- Depending on your requirements, free flowing screed may be better for your project rather than traditional screed. Only after assessing your property, the contractor can suggest the right screeding solution for you. If the contractor is hesitant to answer your queries or survey your property before signing the contract, it is better to move on to the next one in your list of potential screed suppliers.
- It is also a good idea to choose a supplier with the ability to serve multiple locations. For instance, if you live in an area where there are no experienced screeding contractors, you might have to compromise on the quality of work. So, always look for experienced contractors or screeding companies based in other nearby locations with the ability to serve your town or city. This way, you can broaden your search to find the right screeding contractor for your project.
Hiring the wrong screeding contractor for your project may end up costing you money and time.
Liquid Screed Direct Ltd are a leading supplier of quality screeding work. With the main office in London, they serve both residential and commercial properties across the UK. Other than floor screeding work, the company also provides services for underfloor heating projects. They deal in different types of screeds to meet the requirements of various projects. They not only deal in screed work but also provide clients with floor preparation advice and aftercare suggestions to ensure the quality of work for all projects.
You have permission to republish this article in any format, even commerically, but you must keep all links intact. Attribution required. Republishing formats